Campaign of the Month: December 2011
Dresden Files Dallas
This is probably one of the easiest and most common sense rules of thumb I’ve ever found on the internet, and I can’t recall where I found it… undoubtedly from the Dresden RPG forum.
- A Game Session = Minor Milestone
- Every 3 or so Game Sessions (i.e. “a story arc”) = Significant Milestone (which gives you a skill point)
- When you get enough Skill Points to equal the next Refresh level, it automatically upgrades to a Major.
This way your character never falls behind in Skill Points compared with Refresh.
I have most of the Refresh levels up to about 30 or so Refresh mapped out on the Character Creation page.
- A character was created at 7/25 “Up To Your Waist” power level.
- The character goes through five story arcs and now has 5 Significant Milestones. This means they have 30 Skill Points.
- 30 Skill Points is the “Chest Deep” power level, which is 8/30.
- Poof. The most recent Significant that the character received (i.e. the 5th one) automatically upgrades itself to a Major Milestone and the character gains a Refresh.