This game structure flows across several small scenes across several days. I’m going to try and put down some basics and hope StageLucas has time to go in and edit the dates and events – Wolfhound
Anyone that wants to tackle some of these and add additional info that I may have missed, please feel free.
Stagelucas: Some of these dates might be a little off. I’m going off my original story notes, but since Jamie was absent I had to improvise a bit and promptly forgot to write down the improvised dates. Anybody remembering better than I when the sequence of events occurred, please edit as needed.
Conor Lead-In Events
- 4/1/13 – Picked up Erica GoodChilde from her therapist, had a great conversation with the doctor, had lunch at Camposso’s Italian restaurant over on Oak Lawn. Conor showed off his new car.
- 4/2/13 – Had a meeting with Miranda at her home, she’s worried about her father Prospero. Conor is paying Verdia an entire stuffed crust pizza, green olives and green bell peppers for her to give me information on the person that Prospero is seeing.
- 3/18/13 – Conor has a grand ole evening drinking and shootin’ the bull with a fellow at Atwater’s, Nate by name. Great fighter even when drunk.
Elena Lead-In Events
- 3/9/13 – At Atwater’s some guy actually flirted with her… she shot him down of course.
- 4/-/13 – Some shootings have happened in the Dallas area that seem to be linked to the actions of the Dallas Vigilante aka (The Made Man’s Nightmare, the Dallas Double Tap, the Plano Punisher, etc. )
- (4-2) – Lucinda Esparza
- (4-7) – Women’s shelter worker in a Burning apartment
- (4-7) – Police Officer Poker Night (four male police officers, one female)
Cody Lead-In Events
- 2/20/13 – Dr. Scott, a consultant for the FBI, works an angle on the Dallas Vigilante and asks Cody a few questions.
Matthew Lead-In Events
- (4-1) – The Witch of White Rock Lake appears and delivers an enigmatic prophesy
- “Five kings come before the house of knowledge.”
- “Atropos will sow a field of poison amongst them and their courts.”
- “But beware the blindness of the children of the golden-toothed.”
Group Lead-In Events
- 4/4/13 – One night at Atwaters, an individual well known to all – Belle Starr – toasts the memory of Lucinda (which was a total shock to the group in general)
- 4/4/13 – Wani tries to get the Scooby’s to go after a child murdering violent individual … who just happens to sound like a vampire hunter.
Scoping things out
All these various events lead the heroes to actually start looking into a few things.
- Two of the women recently killed were Hecatean Hags (the women’s shelter worker and the police dispatcher)
- The third is likely still alive
- Through the use of some of Matthew’s Psychometry – an image is gleaned of three individuals – one with a distinctive top hat
- One of the dead police officers was also sufficiently traumatized that a Echo/shade was left behind at the scene of his death. Matthew talks to him for a bit and it becomes fairly clear that the cops (and the dispatcher) were crooked like a question mark
- To find the Truth, Matthew Consprite puts together an impressive bit of Divination magic
- (Elkhorn has better details on the declarations so I’ll leave the fine details for him)
The answer to his prayer, leads the heroes to the Riverside Apartments – about a mile or so from the residences of the other Hags. The heroes, under a veil from Conor, enter to look around. Shortly, an individual that can be be described as a professional hitman enters. He heroes follow into the apartment complex itself. As they enter, another individual also enters the building – Nate – the friendly drunk from Atwater’s that Conor met some nights back.
They all follow, but it becomes fairly clear that Nate and the “hit-man” are a team with some skills to see through veils. They drop a flash-bang grenade and everything goes sideways from what was originally planned. Nate escapes through a hallway window… by floating away at a 45 degree angle through the air… and “top hat” makes an appearance in the form of a steam punk oriental lady (SL: I forgot this part) who’s clearly a spellcaster of some talent. The Hitman however does not escape thanks to Matthew’s evocation that wraps him up in … an air bubble?
The heroes then take their prize, off to Matthew’s demesne for questioning… which is quite illuminating. Apparently they’re monster hunters… focused on Enthrallment types (including – unfortunately – Lucinda) and since the heroes are unwilling to torture, not much else comes out.
The evening ends with a return to the Hecatean Hag’s den with only the hitman (that was until a short time previous… a prisoner) and they burst in the door and obliterate the last hag, then part ways.
Wrap Up Events
An “after the credits” scene happens where Oreamnos gives Conor an appropriate heads-up to the widespread deployment of the Invictae, followed by no less than The Duke of the Summer Court in Dallas comes to Conor’s new home and speaks to Conor concerning three subjects:
1) Suspicions and Ramifications concerning the deaths of Summer-sworn Brenna, by the apparent hands of a Winter-sworn Troll, and Winter-sworn Blaylocke, at the apparent hands of a Summer-sworn Centaur.
2) The Marshaling of Winter’s Forces in DFW by Staple in an obvious attempt to destroy Hell-T.
3) An “Offer” Conor can’t refuse.
By the time His Grace leaves… Conor the vagabond knight-errant wyld fae is no-more… but Lord Dallas, Earl of the Summer Court is newly titled.
… Oreamnos and Conor then proceed to go and celebrate by getting completely smashed.
Stay tuned and hang on to your Stetsons … this isn’t even close to over yet.
- GM Stagelucas
- Game date 4/-/13 (spans a few weeks in-game)
- Starting Bennies
- Elena (11)
- Conor (9)
- Cody (2)
- Matthew (8)
- Not Playing
- Ren (3)
- John (0)
- Chrys (1)
- Erica (2)
- Jamie (2)
- Ending Bennies
- Conor (7)
- Cody (2+3) ?
- Elena (11+2)
- Matthew (6)