The notes below are from StageLucas.
- Conor gets a call from Matthew as a ‘wingman’ assist after a friend of Barbara’s, Wazuka, crashes their date. Conor arrives, distracts Wazuka appropriately, and Barbatthew escape.
- Conor and Wazuka continue their date into a full A-list social event-lvl party, culminating in Conor ad Wazuka getting their “groove” on. In the morning, Wazuka slaps him on the ass, says “good game” and “you can see yourself out”, and then leaves for work.
- Jamie gets a couple calls from Warden Ramirez throughout the session:
- Hermia Nguyen has been recently released with the Doom of Damocles by the Wardens on “orders” from Ancient Mai, citing Hermia’s potential in eventual generation of Warden Swords.
- Jamie, as Hermia’s new parole officer, visits Hermia’s home, and meets Frankie, Hermia’s Hispanic Uncle (thru marriage). Jamie intimidates Hermia appropriately.
- Binder is/was rumored to be in DFW
- Backstory/Off-Screen: Binder has indeed been to DFW and has recently summoned a (moderately?highly?) powerful Lust Demon that currently resides in Amber’s library. (Christina Hendricks from Mad Men)
- Jamie gets a call from Amber Camposso, asking for a fully Accorded diplomatic talk about recent DFW issues and problems. Jamie brings Conor and Elena.
- PC’s asked to wait in Library until Amber finishes with her current meeting. Christina Hendricks/aka Lust Demon is present, but PC’s choose not to interact.
- Backstory/Off-screen: Amber is meeting with Lara Raith in person. Lara orders Amber to ‘not stir the waters’ on account of chaotic situations and scenarios after events at Chichen Itza. Lara exits, a walk on for the PC’s.
- Amber meets with PC’s, asking Jamie for some help dealing with a rogue hitman of hers, Leon. She offers to provide information on Raven’s mysterious ‘employer’ as compensation. Jamie asks for a day to think about it.
- Jamie later sends a oddly polite letter back to Amber declining her offer.
- Monday 4/15/13 ??? – Someone (later learned to be Leon) snipes a (possibly corrupt) public official speaking out against the Dallas Vigilante on live television. DFW turns into a paranoid circus as law-enforcement of every flavor descends on the Metroplex in a massive manhunt. Elena stays at Conor’s new place to ‘lay low’. Current criminal profile of Vigilante resembles Oswald from Kennedy assassination.
- Elena happens to catch a newscast featuring Dr. Scott and his alternative and yet 80% accurate profile of the real Vigilante Elena. Dismissed out of hand by authorities and pysch peers, to Elena’s relief.
- Pallas informs Conor/Jamie/whoever that Raven and her crew have vanished off the face of DFW a couple days prior to the paranoid circus situation.
- Conor gets a “Call” on his TV in his new home. A video of Erica and Dr. Scott having coffee at a local café appears on screen, accompanied by a modulated voice “informing” Conor that if he does not kill Hell-T by tomorrow night, Erica dies. The Voice also informs that any attempt to contact Erica in any way will cause her death as well. Conor “counter-informs” appropriately. Conor calls in Elena and Jamie, and after some investigation find a device in Conor’s TV. Jamie divinates the device appropriately, leading them to a local warehouse and Lishbeth, a Norwegian Goth-punk “Tek Girl”. Conor takes her into the NeverNever and intimidates appropriately.
Current Ending (when I had to start narrating)
some of this may change, we’re discussing now
- Lishbeth, the Tek Girl, squealed on the entire Loser’s Club, which is/was a mostly mortal group of monster hunters. She told the PC’s everything, especially how Dr. Scott was in charge. The PC’s go to Frankie/Hermia’s house to confront Wazuka who took up hiding in Frankie’s/Hermia’s Panic Room. Jamie disables the pretty buff wards, and Conor summons a summer locksmith to open the door. Wazuka is present inside with the sedated bodies of Matthew and Barbara, who had been drugged during a date at Atwater’s that Wazuka decided to crash.
- Backstory/Off-Screen Bit: Wazuka is/was a pretty influential mortal “middlewoman” in DFW, and helped Barbara broker Conor’s new house. Barbara has worked with Wazuka a couple times in the past, as part of her “Networking Savant” and “Keen Business Woman” Aspects. Wazuka is/was a party girl in the fullest sense of the word, and so used that to slip Matthew and Barbara some delayed Mickies, who were later picked up by Leon and brought to Frankie’s/Hermia’s Panic Room.
Again some or all of the following may change, we’re in discussion now as it was all basically a Concession by the entire party due to running out of real world time – so we’re negotiating the final terms of the Concession. :)
- On info from Wazuka and Difficult Divinations by Jamie (involving a ‘trap’ divination Beacon Box using Erica’s blood that forced the PC’s into a room at White Water in Arlington that filled up water, which they narrowly escaped), the PC’s discover that Erica is being held in a Bathysphere (Steampunk Thaumaturgical Plot-lvl Magic Item) that Hermia has refitted from it’s original purpose of Deep NeverNever Travel into a makeshift lush prison cell at the bottom of Lake Cliff Park, Brenna of the Summer’s Court previous residence.
- Backstory/Off-Screen Bit: The Loser’s Club killed Brenna, Blaylocke (of Winter), a random Winter Troll, and a random Summer Centaur as a means to distract the Summer and Winter Courts with each other, as well as allowing Hermia to use the Brenna’s and Blaylocke’s Nixie Skin as components for her Bathysphere’s original purpose.
- The PC’s venture to Lake Cliff Park, with Conor getting into a fist fight with Nate, one of the Loser Club bruisers. During the fight (which I practically designed Nate for in the first place and narrated as John Woo-worthy) Conor lets out info about Erica kidnapping and associated extortions, at which point Nate gives up immediately citing that he knew nothing of those events, and that would wash his hands of the Loser’s Club entirely and walk away if they held true. Conor (and Jamie?) enter the water, enter the Bathysphere, and confront Hermia who is quickly trying to get the ‘motor running’. She puts Erica into a premade circle that teleport(!) Erica into the lake ten feet off of the Bathysphere’s Port Bow. Conor (and Jamie?) go to rescue Erica instead of fighting Hermia. Hermia kickstarts something in the Bathysphere when the PC’s exit and the entire thing disappears with her inside.
- Party splits up, I think. Conor takes Erica to ??? to get her some help. Jamie attempts to Thaum track down Hermia, and Elena provides appropriate info to appropriate parties to implicate Leon as the Dallas Vigilante, with Dr. Scott as his accomplice.
- Friday 4/26/13 – FFreshly unsedated, Matthew goes to the SMU GW Bush Library dedication ceremonies on information from his research on the omen given to him by the Witch of White Rock Lake and brings Barbara and Belle along on a “hunch” (Guide My Hand). Matthew and his ladies encounter stiff resistance to their presence in the form of Five Scions of Heimdallr, “Valkyries” of the “Golden-toothed” one.
- Backstory/Off-Screen: Monoc Securities contracts out one “Child of the Sentry” to each newly elected President of the US, to serve as magical honor guard until the death of either. These Valkyries are stupid focused on their tasks and allow no compromise when it comes to potential supernatural assailants to their charges.
- Belle, a servant of Freyja, actually manages to talk down the Valkyrie honor guard and convinces them that she, Barbara and Matthew are NOT a threat but that there is one on it’s way in the possibly form of White Court Vampires. Unbeknownst to anyone, Amber, possessed by a recently Binder-summoned Lust demon to augment her powers, and several other White Court vampires use personal, political, and Loser Club-induced leverage to gain access to the Political Bigwigs present at the Library dedication. The WC vamps then “sow a field of poison”, learning secrets, creating whammies, and generating other potential future leverages from their victims.
Finalized Concession Terms
Belle is able to finally get through to one of the Valkyries, what is going on, and the Scoobies are able to get back together in time to facilitate the escape (mostly) of the President’s staff as well as himself. However, the White Court is well, well seeded throughout the rest of the assembled dignitaries and former presidents.
- GM StageLucas
- Game day 5/16/13
- Starting Bennies
- Conor (11)
- Above number includes 4 from Postgames since last game
- Cody (2+3) ?
- Elena (15+2)
- Above number includes 4 from Transcript/Postgame since last game
- Matthew (6)
- Jamie (2)
- Not Playing
- Ren (3)
- John (0)
- Chrys (1)
- Erica (2)
- Conor (11)
- Ending Bennies
- Conor: 10
- Matthew: 6
- Jamie: 2
- Elena: ?
- Cody: 2
- Erica: 2
- Not In The Story Arc
- John: 0
- Chrys: 1
- Ren: 3 (This one could change dramatically depending on how the player wants to play out events involving her romantic interest… )
- Milestone: Significant for anyone involved (either part 1, 2 – I’d argue it’s Significant for Erica as well due to the nature of the involvement). I think only John and Chrys don’t apply (being as they’re usually in Austin) and Ren who’s been sitting things out.